Sunday, August 23, 2009

What About Bob

Our dog Bob was a stray that we took in. About 3 1/2 years ago, I noticed a dog laying down next to our neighbors dog in their backyard. I didn't think much of it. I figured he was a neighbors dog that had just come over for a visit.

A few weeks later I see him again. It turns out that he had been all over Tampa Palms for several weeks. He was surviving on his own and this was in February when it was cold at night.

My wife and neighbor gave him food and water but he would not let anyone near him. Finally, my wife was able to put a leash on him and brought him in the house. He didn't have a tag, but we placed an ad in the newspaper.

No one replied and we decided that we would keep him. He is a real cute dog. The vet thinks he is a Sharpei/Retriever mix. He looks tough, some people think he is part pitbull. He is actually very sweet.

The name Bob came from the movie "What about Bob". We were trying to think of a name and I said, "What about Bob".

Anyway, we are glad we got him and so is Rusty. They became instant friends. Bob adjusted slowly. He may have been abused, because he didn't like anyone getting too close to him. Eventually, that changed and he is just as much of a nut as Rusty.

No comments:

Post a Comment