Thursday, August 13, 2009

High School Basketball Memory

In 10th grade, I was asked to be the basketball manager for our High School basketball team, the Chartiers Valley Colts.

I had tried out for the team, but I was way too skinny. I was a good shooter, though.

Myself and the other managers would alway try to shoot some baskets before the game. One time, we were at an away game and I was shooting long shots from beyond the baseline. I would arc the ball high in the air and hope they would go in. On this night, I couldn't miss.

After about 10 in a row, I hear a lady sitting in the stands say to her friend, "If the manager can shoot like that, what about the rest of the team?. I don't think we have a chance".

We won that game and all the other games in our section. It was a good year for the Colts.

No comments:

Post a Comment