Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Weed Wackers and Birds

A few weeks ago, my weed wacker decided to stop wacking. So, it was off to Lowes to purchase a new one. When I returned, I learned that there was an injured blue jay hiding in the tall grass where I needed to trim.

So, I decided to wait a day to let Mr. Blue Jay get better or to let Mr. Blue Jay go where birds go when they die. Which brings me to a question. With the countless number of birds that there are, why is it, you almost never come across a dead one? It's a mystery.

Although, I did recently. When they are without feathers, they look a lot like dinosaurs.

Back to the weed wacker story. So, the next day, I want to finish trimming, but my wife wants to look for the bird again. I'm thinking, "If he is still there, he doesn't have long to live". Anyway, she finds it, but I decide to trim anyway.

So, I start the wacker and all of a sudden, I feel this sharp pain on my leg. Somehow, the plastic string that does the cutting leaps out and lashes me. This is very odd, because I was standing a few feet away and the string was only about 4 inches long.

I guess I should have waited another day to do the wacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment