Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Office Putting Green

My job at NewHomes was a dream job. One of the benefits was that I somehow managed to have a putting green in my office. I don't even think that JR Ewing (from the old Dallas show) had that perk.

It all started with a monthly staff meeting where they had various activities to have employees interact (team building). One month we had a Price Is Right contest. I volunteered to bring in a putting green to help with the Price Is Right putting game.

It was a fun meeting. When it ended, I said that maybe we should keep the green close by if we needed it for the future. My boss (and friend) Dennis agreed. I just had to figure out where to store it. Then, I got a great idea.

Why not have it laid out in my office (that way it would not get all wrinkled).

So, that is what happened.

Every now and then, I had to test out the green to make sure it was still working ok. To be 100% certain, we used to have putting contests so that others could be sure. Everyone would leave with a smile on their face.

Those were good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment