Sunday, August 2, 2009

Better Eating = Lower Cholesterol

Every time I have had a physical (for as long as I can remember), the blood work always came back with cholesterol levels that were too high. The doctors would always give me a booklet describing what foods to eat, etc.

They would also say to come back in so many weeks and have my blood work taken again. If the numbers didn't improve, they would recommend medication.

I never would come back because I hate being on medication.

This past year and a half, I finally decided to eat healthier. Having lost 50 pounds, I was interested in seeing what my latest cholesterol numbers would be.

For the FIRST time that I can remember, the numbers were good.

So, eating healthier was the answer for me.

I still miss my Doritos.

No comments:

Post a Comment