Friday, August 7, 2009

New York, New York

In July of 1986, my cousin Fred and I traveled to New York City. It was my first plane trip. After landing, we were on our way to meet a friend of Fred's. To get there, we had to take a subway. I was a little nervous, since this was my first time in a big city. When you watch TV or the movies, you always hear about New York and all the nuts.

So, within 5 minutes of boarding the subway, this crazy person starts talking in my direction. He says, "If anyone crosses this line, I will kill you". He said it over and over. I thought to myself, "This is going to be an interesting trip.

A cool part of the trip included seeing baseball games at Shea stadium and Yankee stadium. The Yankee game was sold out, but my cousin knew how to overcome that obstacle. He said to put a $10.00 bill in your hand and sneak it to the ticket taker. It worked!

The other part of the trip involved going to some cool restaurants and seeing the 100 year anniversary of the Statue of Liberty. There were some pretty spectacular fireworks over the water.

On the way back, my nutty cousin jumps in between two guys who were fighting. I thought, "Good idea Fred, start a riot".

Overall, it was a good experience for me. It gave me a desire to see more of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment