Friday, August 28, 2009

In Search of Golf

Summertime in Florida can be hard on a golfer. It seems like everytime I try to play golf a thunderstorm rolls in. This has happened to me the last 6 times I have tried to play.

Tonight was no exception. I met my friend Rick at Heritage Harbor only to find out the course was reserved for the High School team. So, we decided to play at a different course. On the way, the heavens opened up and we decided to call it a night.

I thought that was it for me as far as playing golf. But on the way home, my neighbor called and asked if I wanted to play at USF. I said sure.

After arriving at the course, I thought we would be unable to play. I saw flashes of lightning in the distance. My neighbor wasn't going to let a few thousand degrees of heat discourage him. I thought, well, why not.

It turns out the storm stayed away and we were able to play 16 holes.

And, he paid!

So, my search for golf was finally fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment