Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Smoke Gets In Your Eyes

When I lived in Pittsburgh I always seemed to have a sore throat or some other ailment. I never felt completely healthy.

After I moved to Florida, I became much healthier. I wasn't sure of the reason until recently.

A few years ago during a trip back to my fathers house, I could not help but notice, the pungent smell of cigarettes when I was in his 'smoking' room. Instantly, I felt a sore throat coming on.

Second-hand smoke was the reason for my childhood illnesses. Back then, there were no special rooms to smoke in. The whole house was available for him to smoke.

So, if there are any smokers out there, think about the effects of second hand smoke on your loved ones.

That is my PSA (Public Service Announcement) for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment