Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rusty Gets Stuck

The other night our dogs Rusty and Bob went out to the backyard for one last time before bedtime. After a few minutes, we heard Rusty barking over and over. This usually means that Bob has cornered a possum or an armadillo.

But this time, his bark meant something else.

My wife went outside and saw that Rusty was in distress. Him and Bob had been creating this giant long tunnel of a hole and Rusty had gotten himself trapped.

The only thing we could see was his head and front paws as he was trying to pull him self out. He wasn't able to use his back paws because of all the loose sand.

At first, I couldn't figure out how to get him out. I started to dig all round him, but the whole was so deep, nothing I did was working.

Finally, I was able to clear a way and he pulled himself out.

Poor guy, was scared.

After that, i blocked the hole. They will have to start a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment