Sunday, July 12, 2009

Why I Am Not a Member of Tampa Palms Country Club

About 5 years ago, I was walking our dog Rusty. We see this overweight man approaching and he starts yelling something at us. Something like, "You better pick up after your dog, blah, blah, blah". Now Rusty had just done a #1 (not a #2) and I don't like it when people yell at me or my dog.

So, I said to him, "Mind your own business", or something like that. He started swearing at me as he walked away. I sized him up (and he was a large size) and decided that I could take him in a fight if it came to that. As he was walking away, I had to give him one more comment. I said, "Shut up, go eat some more donuts". He just huffed and fumed and swore some more. His face got all red.

Fast forward a few years. We get an invitation from Tampa Palms country club for a free lunch where they would try to convince us to become members. We went to the lunch and I may have joined except that my golf game was 'bad' at the time. I didn't want to spend a lot of money if my golf game was not enjoyable.

What sealed my decision was as I was walking down the hallway, I see pictures on the wall. They were pictures of all the big shots at the club. The person who was the President of the Country Club was 'you know who'. The fat guy. I didn't want to run into him every now and then.

Maybe some day, I will join. My golf swing is coming back and the fat guy won't be there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment