Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Church Handshake

Our church, like a lot of churches, has a designated time where people exchange greetings, hug, shake hands, etc. People are smiling and laughing. I do that on the 'outside', but I don't always enjoy it.

Before the big moment, I am scouting for hackers and sneezers. I try to avoid those people but they are shaking the hands of the 'non-carriers', so it is inevitable to get some second-hand germs. It may be how I got my recent cold.

The hand shake time used to be after the offering and special music. I used to use that time to escape out to the lobby and eat my protein bar (part of my diet plan). Now, the handshake is right at the beginning where they is no graceful escape.

We now depend on hand sanitizers to avoid being the victims of some unwanted germs.

No comments:

Post a Comment