Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Demise of the Hyatt Buffet

This past Tuesday was a difficult day for those of us who were fans of the Hyatt buffet. Myself and three work buddies (Dennis, Marbert, and Mark) headed to the Hyatt to celebrate Marbert's discovery of a 'bug' in one of our critical applications.

As we entered the Hyatt, we were shocked to learn that they no longer offered their awesome buffet. I was flooded with memories of the great salads, pastas, and other selections (not to mention the ice cream bar). I admit, I got a little teary-eyed.

There were other memories. Like the time I was chased down by a waitress when I accidentally forgot to pay my tab. And, the time I got a gift card and a free lunch from my new employer (even though it was like my first week on the job). I probably had 4 or 5 free meals there.

But I must get back to the events of the other day. We quickly regrouped and started to think of an alternate location. After a few minutes, we decided on the Bahama Breeze.

While at lunch, we learned some interesting things about Mark's past (actually, a mentally challenged roommate of his) and we learned that Dennis was starting an old fashioned blog where he will write down his memories on a yellow legal pad. Marbert, the star of the day, sipped his Lemon Breeze and enjoyed his fish tacos.

It was a fine lunch with a lot of laughs. Marbert turned down a request to have his lunch paid for. But, I still owe him one.

Now, the work begins. The search for a replacement to the Hyatt Buffet.

1 comment:

  1. Its an new format of blogging. I don't use a laptop -- it requires an ink pen (it can be blue, red, black, doesnt matter -- because its compatible with all formats) and uses legal paper and/or notebook media -- maybe an occassional napkin. What's nice is, my blog is available at all times and does not rely on Internet connection. Oh yeah -- tt includes photos (using Doodles(r) technology) too.

    ReplyDelete