Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Lunch Weeper

Recently, my friend Dennis and I went to Panera Bread for lunch. I was coming down with a cold and needed some chicken soup.

So, as we arrive, I heard someone who was obviously having a bad day. There was this older lady weeping and wailing, making a terrible scene. I was hoping it wasn't due to a bad serving of chicken soup.

We quickly made our way to the counter to order our food. I got mine first and proceeded to find a seat as far away as I could from the Weeping Willow.

It looked like we were safe when all of a sudden, the 'tear jerker' started to head our way. Fortunately, she was headed to the restroom.

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but if I wanted to hear crying, I would fly to Detroit and listen to all the Red Wing fans cry about what the Penguins did to them in the 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs.

All kidding aside, the lady did have some obvious emotional problems. So, I did feel sorry for her. But still, you would think that Panera Bread would have a sound proof room for this type of situation. Maybe, I can fill out a suggestion card.

No comments:

Post a Comment