Monday, July 13, 2009

Signs

I just finished watching the movie Signs with Mel Gibson. Boy, that movie scares me. I had seen it a few years ago, but it still makes a powerful impression on me.

Mel Gibson plays a disillusioned priest who questions his faith after his wife dies. Without giving the movie away, the theme of the movie is "there are no coincidences".

Or to put it another way, "Things do not happen by accident".

When I look back at my life, I realize that all the events that have led me to the place I am today, is exactly where God wants me to be. I think that is true for each of our lives. A quick example, which I will blog about, is how I became a computer programmer. It all started with a family member going through a depression. There are many other events in my life that appear random, but I believe they are not.

As I have been thinking of things to blog about, I have been amazed by all the seemingly unrelated things that have led me to where I am today. I will try to chronicle as many as those events that I can (hopefully, in a humorous way, so my readers do not get bored).

Stay tuned ....

ps: Our pastor gave a sermon on July 5th, 2009 that touched on this theme. His message was also, "There are no accidents".

No comments:

Post a Comment