Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How I Became a Computer Programmer

In high school I had average grades. In 9th grade, I had almost all A's. But after that, I was a B/C student. The one class I got a D in was Computers.

After I graduated, I didn't know what I wanted to do. I had a few jobs that my dad helped me get. Those jobs ended and I was just living at home trying to figure out what my future career would be.

At the same time, my mom was going through a bad 'depression'. It was a difficult time. She had some friends who were members of a church. One time, they came over and prayed with her. She was instantly healed/cured. My mom was ecstatic and I was too.

It was because of one of her new friends, that I became a computer professional.

Her friends daughters was going to a computer school called ICM School of Business. It taught computer courses. That is how I learned of the school. Even though I wasn't sure I would like it, I went for a visit and decided to give it a try (although, it was hard to give up on my soap operas, the Guiding Light was my favorite).

Instead of getting poor grades, I put my mind to it and graduated with A's and B's. I realized that I could do this for a living.

So, that is how I got started on my profession.

God's hand was definitely directing my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment