Saturday, July 18, 2009

My Caddyshack Moment

While I was watching soap operas, some of my High School classmates were getting a good start on their futures. One of those was a friend who went to Penn State. He invited me up several times to see the Nittany Lions play football.

On one of these occasions his fraternity organized a golf tournament. It was shortly after the release of Caddyshack (the Bill Murray comedy).

Of course, these college nuts had to try to imitate the movie as much as possible.

The one thing I remember is my introduction to Mickey's Malt Liquor. On a hot day, I drank those things like water. So, I am not sure what hole it was, but as I was walking to get my ball out of a sand trap, I decided to take a nap (or, I collapsed from the Mickey's). The trap was the one cool spot on that hot day.

Either way, I think I had to take a penalty stroke.

ps: These and other Dave 'partying' stories were all before the age of 33 (when I took my last drink). But, I still like to have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment