Friday, July 10, 2009

Jerk for Lunch

The other day, Mark, Dennis, Richard, and myself took a trip from Westshore to the city of Tampa. Mark showed off his driving skills by simulating a New York City cab driver. Our destination was the Jerk Hut, a Jamaican restaurant in downtown Tampa.

Mark, being from Jamaica is an expert on the cuisine. We all look to him for suggestions, but so far, I have played it safe. I always get the chicken with rice and beans. I have to work up the courage to try the goat or oxtail.

So after we survived the ride, Mark pulls up to his reserved spot right in front of the restaurant. Unfortunately, he pulled up to close, because as we were exiting, his door got stuck on the curb. Richard tried to pry it free and he eventually did.

One scary thing happened. As Richard went to get a tray, he found it was dirty, So, he removed that one only to find the second one caked in some red goo. I think it was goat blood.

We ignored that thought and ordered the food (although, I thought I saw a horn in the kitchen).

My other observation is they try to simulate the actual conditions of Jamaica within the restaurant. The temperature must be 95 degrees inside. I couldn't wait to get outside to get some air.

Overall, it was a nice time. A few things were learned.

  1. Dennis announced that his new Blog will be about his observations on my Blog.
  2. We got to know Richard better, our first time guest.
  3. Mark parks too close to curbs
So, that is the food update for today.

1 comment:

  1. Ick! I am never going to eat there! Love the horn and blood comments, too funny!

    One of the things I love about you.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete