Friday, September 4, 2009

The Whitney Houston Super Bowl

The 2nd Super Bowl that I attended was in Tampa, Florida. A friend of mine had gotten tickets and asked me to go. The New York Giants were playing the Buffalo Bills. The game is probably best remembered for Whitney Houston's rendition of the National Anthem.

It was also the game that took place after the start of the Gulf War. Security was extremely tight. It took a long time to enter the stadium since every person had to be searched. There were military helicopters patrolling the skies. I remember calling my mom and telling her what to do if some terrorist event occurred. I found out after the game, that there were precautions in place to handle a biological attack.

Fortunately, all went well, and I got to see an amazing game.

The game came down to the last play of the game where Buffalo kicker, Scott Norwood missed the game winning field goal.

It was an exciting game that I was fortunate to be able to attend. I also got some great souvenirs (to be placed on eBay soon).

Of course, the Steeler Super Bowl that I attended in 2009 put that game to shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment