Monday, September 28, 2009

Sarasota Wedding

This past weekend my wife and I had a nice long weekend in Siesta Key Florida. It was so nice to finally get away and relax. With my new job I have only had one vacation day since I started last December.

The purpose of the trip was to attend a family wedding (my wife's niece).

The wedding took place at a place called the Powel Crosley Estates. The estates bordered the Gulf of Mexico and it was a beautiful location. It was an outdoor wedding which took place at 5:00 PM. I have to say that I sweated off most of the Doritos and other junk food that I ate that weekend.

Fortunately the rains stayed away. The ceremony was lovely. It was officiated by a Pastor that we know from a local church. It's always good to hear the wedding vows and to be reminded of the importance of God in a marriage.

The reception was also nice. Lots of delicious food. It was good to see family that I had not seen for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment