Monday, September 7, 2009

Tarpon Springs and a Tear

It was great being back at church today (after missing a few weeks). To celebrate, my wife and I decided to visit Tarpon Springs after church to have lunch and do some shopping.

A good friend at work, Dennis, owns a spice and tea store. For my local blog readers, I suggest you visit his store the next time you are in Tarpon Springs. Here is a link with more information.

As we approached the store, we were met by a blockade. Turns out Tarpon Springs was having an Arts and Craft festival. This was nice, but I was bummed out because it looked like we wouldn't get our secret 'free' parking spot behind my friends store. But, I decided to try the back streets and fortunately I was able to navigate to the special parking spot.

Anyway, we had a nice lunch and visit with Dennis and his family. I also saw Jerry, a coworker from a previous job who helps out at the store.

I didn't have any unusual experience in Tarpon Springs (which is a not good thing for a Blogger), but I must rewind the clock back to when I was at church.

As I was sitting in Bible Study class, I looked down to look at my Bible and I noticed that the pants I just bought (and worn for the first time) had a 'tear' in the worst spot possible. Fortunately, we were sitting in the last row and I was able to 'hide' from everyone.

I couldn't believe it. I recently went from a size 40 to a size 34 and so I had to get a whole new wardrobe. Turns out, I am not done with that adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment