Thursday, September 17, 2009

Best $3.78 Lunch in Tampa

Since relocating from the Rocky Point area to the Westshore business district, my buddy Dennis and I have set out on a search to find the best lunch places in Tampa.

So far, our favorites are Wright's , Castellano and Pizzo, Schillers, and Ja-vahz.

Wrights is famous for their sandwiches, cakes, and cupcakes. I like to get the 1/2 sandwich (turkey and cheese) and cup of soup. I also always get a slice of chocolate cake.

Castellano and Pizzo is known for their hot Italian buffet. The only thing odd about the place is that the clientèle is 95% men. We think there is a secret back room where there are poker games going on.

Schillers has great sandwiches and german potato salad. They are an old-fashioned family owned deli built on trust. When you pay, you just tell them what you ordered.

Ja-vahz is a recent find and I was asked to keep it's identity a secret. But, being a blogger, I have to share my experiences. They have to have the best combination of food/value in Tampa. For example, the other day I ordered a cup of soup. You would think that is all you would receive. Here is what you get (for $3.78):

  • A large bowl of delicious homemade soup
  • Fruit cup
  • Two slices of warm homemade bread
With homemade iced tea, the price skyrockets to over $5.00!

The same meal at Panera Bread would cost over $10.00 and the large bowl of soup would be smaller than the cup at Ja-vahz.

So, that is the 'lunch' rundown for now. We will keep searching and I will have additional lunch reviews when warranted.

No comments:

Post a Comment