Saturday, September 19, 2009

Movie Review - ‘The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry’

For the past few weeks the church that I attend, Exciting Idlewild Baptist Church, has been promoting a new movie called ‘The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry’.

Click here for a preview.

The premier of the movie was yesterday (9/18/09).

The movie, set in 1970, is about a 75-year-old man that starts meeting with these three 12-year-old boys, to motivate them and encourage them to want to live for God.

For people who like action, car chases, and graphic violence, this movie may not be their thing. But, I encourage everyone to see it.

The pace of the movie may seem slow, but it delivers a powerful message. It encouraged me to want to draw closer to God and to share what God has done in my life with others.

The acting was good. There were some laughs and some moments where I got teary-eyed.

Just a simple act of kindness (cutting someones lawn without asking for money) was inspiring.

I hope that many people will see the film and encourage others to do the same. There are very few inspiring movies being made. This was one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment