Saturday, September 5, 2009

Spiderman Visits Westshore Pizza

The other day I went to lunch with a couple of my co-workers, Todd and Marbert. We decided to go to Westshore Pizza in South Tampa.

It was a great lunch, I had the meatball sub with fries. Marbert got a couple slices of pizza and Todd ordered a Philly Cheese steak.

We talked mostly about sports. Marbert confided that he wanted to be each of the following:

1) An Olympic swimmer
2) An NFL player
3) An NBA player
4) Etc

We explained to him that he needed to be an athlete first.

Todd gave Marbert some other advice on relationships. Todd is a very wise person.

As we were leaving, I was met at the door by a man dressed as Spiderman. I am totally serious. He did not have the face mask on, but he was carrying it.

He stopped inside and left just as fast. I tried to get his picture, but as most super heroes, he was too quick for me. Todd and Marbert said they thought the man was mentally-challenged. I thought he was just trying to help people in distress. I thought I heard someone scream inside Westshore Pizza, but now that I think about it, it was after he entered.

As we were backing up to leave, he appeared again. I told Marbert to get up next to him so that I could take his picture, but it was not meant to be.

Spiderman was carrying something else with him. I thought it might have been a bag of flies.

Overall, it was a very entertaining lunch. One that I won't forget soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment