Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Great White Heron

The other day I was sitting outside the room we rented in Siesta Key Florida when a Great White Heron swoops down a few feet from where I was.

I was startled at first, but then I remembered from a previous trip that the birds are just looking for someone to feed them.

So, my wife and I looked around and decided to feed the bird some bread. But this bird was not interested in eating that. He made it known. Each time we threw a piece, he pecked at it and threw it away. He then shook his head like he was 'saying no'. I thought that was funny.

Then, we looked for something else. The only other thing we could find were some Pringles. Once again, the bird pecked at it and decided to let us know that it was not what he wanted. Once again, the bird shook his head like he was 'saying no'.

Next time we will have to have some seafood.

No comments:

Post a Comment