Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Tribute to My Dad

The other day my sister Donna attended a special tribute to my late father, Don Diebold. The purpose of the tribute was to honor the work he did to have a major bridge repaired while he served as a township commissioner.

Over 40 people attended the event which was covered by the local papers.

The bridge was know as the 'Crooked Bridge' because of how it was designed.

Here is a story that was in the local papers.

As you can see by looking at the plaque, my father served his local community for 37 years. Helping to get the bridge repaired was just one of his accomplishments. I remember how we would be out shopping or wherever and he would know everybody. He tried to help as many people as he could.


I know that I could never equal his tireless service, but my wife and I have decided to start small. We are beginning our YMCA volunteer service next month. It's just a small step to giving back a small portion of the lives we have been blessed with. My father would have been proud.


I am proud to be his son. I wish I could have been there for the ceremony, but I look forward to seeing the plaque the next time I am back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment