Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tornado Scare

A few years ago we were having a very bad storm. We were watching the news and heard of tornadoes being spotted in the Tampa Bay area. A few minutes later, the weatherman announced that a new tornado was moving down I-75 towards Tampa Palms (my neighborhood).

Since we do not have a basement, the safest place I could think of was in a hall closet (under the steps). So, I tried to get everyone into that area (it is a big size hall closet). Anyway, my wife's mom (we call her 'Gammy') was staying with us. She was more concerned with making sure some jackets that we had to pull from the closet were not getting wrinkled than getting to the safe zone. As the winds started to get stronger outside, she kept folding, and we kept telling her "hurry, come on, the tornado is coming".

It took her five minutes to get into the closet.

We had a good laugh afterward (when we finally relaxed as the storm passed).

No comments:

Post a Comment