Monday, October 19, 2009

Cancer Walk

This past Saturday, I woke up early, stepped outside and realized the temperature had dropped into the 40's. Pretty unusual for Florida. The dogs sure liked it, but I was hoping for a warmer day.

This was the day of the 5K walk to raise money for Breast Cancer research. My company was one of the sponsors and quite a few employees signed up to participate.

I decided that a brisk walk would be a nice way to start the day. I thought all my dog walks would prepare me for the 5K.

So, my wife and I drove into the city of Tampa and made our way to the St. Pete Times Forum.

We met up with some of my co-workers and enjoyed the pre-walk festivities.

The walk started at 9:00 and was over by 10:00. Most of the walk was down Bayshore Boulevard. It was cool to be one of several thousand participants and to be part of a city-wide event. We even saw the mayor (Pam Iorio).

One thing, my legs were sore. I guess the dog walks were not much of a help for that long of a distance. But, we enjoyed it. Oh, and the weather did warm up. So, it was a great way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment