Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Return to Golf

I played golf with my neighbor the other day. It was the most fun I have had playing golf in a long time. The previous time I had played golf, I had played so poorly, that I considered quitting for the rest of the year. I am glad I decided to give it another try.

Even though I was under Dr's orders to rest (due to dental surgery), I decided to get some fresh air (air that felt like it was 100 degrees). So, we made our way to the golf course.

I started off OK, but then had a few problems driving the ball off the tee. My neighbor thought he saw what my problem was and gave me a few suggestions. I usually don't find golf advice to be very helpful, but this time it made a huge difference.

I went from hitting terrible tee shots to hitting the ball straight down the middle. I had a 5 hole stretch where I made 4 pars and a birdie. This was my best stretch of golf in many years.

I can't wait to play again.

Golf is FUN again!

2 comments: