Saturday, October 10, 2009

This May Sting a Little

One of my all time least favorite things to do in life is visit the dentist office.

But, I guess it's the price I have to pay for not taking care of my teeth as well as I should have. Flossing was not something I did until I developed gum disease. I also was never very thorough when I would brush my teeth. Who wants to spend all that time brushing your teeth when its time to go to bed.

So, I have the pleasure of visiting the dentist office 4 times a year for maintenance.

The other day I had an additional visit to have surgery. The surgery was to take tissue from the roof of my mouth and use that tissue to help my gum tissue get stronger. Some kind of graft.

I was treated very nicely. They have a great staff. But, I hope it's a long time before I need another surgical procedure.

One of the things I dread is when the Dr. says "This may sting a little". That is code for "This is going to be very painful". But, I survived. The tough part is that you can only have cold liquids for the first 24 hours. How many Ensures can one person drink?

Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment