Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Steelers Super Bowl Ticket

When the Steelers defeated the Ravens this past January to reach the Super Bowl, I was thrilled. Especially since they would be playing in Tampa.

I had been to two previous Super Bowls, but I had never seen my hometown team play.

The cost of tickets for the two previous games was around $150.00.

For this game, I knew that I would be paying big bucks if I decided to go.

It wasn't until the Thursday before the game that I decided to try and get a ticket.

I found a ticket broker close to my job and visited the location at lunch.

I had several seats to choose from and I selected one that would be close to the field. Around the 30 yard line and 30 rows back.

The price was pretty steep, but I went because I knew that my father would want me to go. He had passed away two months earlier.

The cool thing was just a few days after the game, which of course, the Steelers won, I got a check in the mail from my dad's insurance company. The money he left me was the exact amount I paid for the ticket.

Pretty amazing coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment