Sunday, January 31, 2010

TV in the Weeds

On a recent Saturday morning, I was on one of my many dog walks when I came across an interesting site. I saw two guys reaching into the woods and struggling to carry something heavy that they had grabbed onto.

As I slowed down to watch, I noticed that they had lifted a large TV from a hidden location in the weeds. I thought, "Am I seeing things, what's next, a sectional couch?".

As I made the bend, I saw that they had carried the TV to a truck that they had pulled into the grass by the woods. Being the concerned citizen that I am, I approached the guys and said 'What's up?". They laughed and showed me a sign that said "Free TV". I admit I was a little confused. Who would put a TV in the woods with a FREE TV sign.

But then I figured it out. Saturday morning is 'trash day'. So, I reasoned that one of the guys (or both) worked for the Waste Management company and had come across the TV. They probably hid the TV until they could come back and get it later.

Since the TV was an older model and not a brand new Plasma, that explanation would seem to be reasonable.

But to be safe, I wrote down their license plate.

Another interesting dog walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment