Friday, January 22, 2010

Cracked Up

Being a homeowner can be interesting. Just when you think you have everything under control, something unexpected happens. It could be something typical, like a leaky roof or a plumbing problem or something mysterious.

For me, it was the latter. A few months ago, we had some friends over for a holiday meal. As we were visiting, I noticed that the tiles on the floor had seemed to 'bubble'. It was like something had gotten under the tile to make it lift up. At first I thought it might be a leak, but I was able to disprove that theory.

Fast forward a few months, and the problem has spread. There are now two areas with 'raised' tiles. There are also a few cracked tiles. The current theory is that the original workers who put in the tile, did not seal it correctly. We have a box of tile left, so we are hoping that is enough to make any repairs. We will be calling a repairman to see what he thinks.

Man, I thought replacing the carpet was going to save money in the long run. Now, I have to be careful not to trip over the tiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment