Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Talent Show

One of the funnest jobs I ever had was working for a company called New Homes. One of the things that made it fun was our monthly staff meetings. Each meeting had some type of team building activity where people would laugh and interact with each other.

At one of these meetings, we had a talent show. Only a few people volunteered to be part of it. I decided to do it, since I don't mind being the center of attention. I guess that goes back to my 'class clown' days during highschool.

The only problem was that I have no talent. Other than making crossword puzzles (not very entertaining). The other problem was that we had a guy who was pretty much a professional juggler. I did not stand a chance of winning the grand prize - a day off work.

Well, the day of the talent show arrived and I caught a break. My main competition was out sick (a rarity for him). So, I was up against a guy who did yo-yo tricks and another guy who did a magic trick.

Well, the yo-yo guy was a dud and the magic trick did not go off too well. So, I went last.

I had decided to try a coin trick where I would balance some coins on my elbow and catch them as they were falling off my arm (you had to be there). I also did some other magic/humor that made people laugh.

In the end, I was voted the person with the most talent. And, I won a day off work.

Another fun day at New Homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment