Friday, January 1, 2010

Turbulence and the New Year

A few weeks ago, as I was returning to Tampa after a pre-Christmas visit to my family in Pittsburgh, the plane I was on was hit by some rough weather.

The turbulence only lasted a few minutes but it was bumpy enough to make me think about some of those 'what if' questions.

Some of those thoughts were, "What have I really accomplished with my life?" and "Would anyone miss me if I was gone?".

As I look back on my previous 50 years, I think I was the most happiest when I was serving God by ministering to others. Using the gifts that God has given me is what brings me fulfillment.

As a new decade has begun, I have rededicated myself to being used by God to help others.

Happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

  1. You should have been asking yourself... How can I be of maximum service to my neighbor.. Or what if I didnt get my golf lesson from my neighbor...

    ReplyDelete