Thursday, January 28, 2010

Deer at Dusk

The other day the dogs asked if they could go for an evening walk. Being the ultimate dog owner, I agreed. So, after loading them into the car, it was off for a short drive to the place where we walk.

When I parked, I noticed a beautiful deer only about 15 feet away. He/she was munching on some nuts and did not pay us any attention. Now the dogs were still in the car, otherwise, the deer would be long gone.

Behind the deer was an open field. Even though it was dusk, I was able to see for a few hundred yards. In the field (to my surprise) were at least 10 deer. I have seen deer before, but never this many in my neighborhood.

Eventually, I had to let the dogs out. When I did, the deer ran off. But, it was cool to see all the deer hop away.

No comments:

Post a Comment