Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Bema Judgement

Recently, a friend gave me a copy of a CD that she said was 'life changing'. I thought, well, I have an OK life, but I know that there is room for improvement.

The title of the CD was "The Bema Judgment". It was a sermon delivered by a pastor named Pete Briscoe. The sermon was based on a book from a friend of the pastor's.

The sermon is about a man who was alive when Jesus came back to earth (the 2nd Coming).

Immediately, the man is brought into Heaven with millions of other Christians (he was in the Book of Life because he had accepted Jesus as his personal Savior). So, he did not have to face the judgment to determine if he would go to Heaven or Hell.

However, he did face a judgment. The bible talks about a judgment for believers. The story/sermon described how the man was to be judged for what he had done with what God had blessed him with.

The man realized that he did not do as much as he should have. He saw the moments in his life that were wasted. He saw the things that he did that had led others to become believers. He also saw how other believers were rewarded for how they lived their lives.

The CD was very convicting for me. I had heard about how believers would be rewarded, but this CD presented it in a way that I could understand.

So, I start over. The great thing about being a Christian is getting a second chance. God forgives. He wants us to be at our best. Trust me, I am so thankful for second chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment