Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Working from Home

A lot of people would love to work from home. It does have it's benefits. But, having worked from home (for three consecutive years) while I was with Verizon, I prefer going into the office.

Having just worked a 12 hour+ day with my new job, I was reminded that you tend to work a lot more hours at home. When I was with Verizon, I had support duties that were almost around the clock (besides developing new systems). So, it was normal for me to keep the computer on from morning to late at night. The PC almost became physically attached to me.

Also, you lose the human contact when you work from home. My two main companions when I worked from home were Bob and Rusty (the dogs). They loved it. My breaks were centered around their walks, meals, and playtime.

I have been fortunate that I have had great and fun people to work with since I 'retired' from Verizon.

Going into the office is something I look forward to.

Although, having the option to work from home now and then is nice. I may even consider asking if I can do it once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment