Thursday, June 11, 2009

Vision Update

I had my followup appointment today with the original doctor. She said that the laser surgery did what she intended. It has prevented any additional tearing of the retina.

She cautioned that the eye would need to be checked frequently since I had experienced a significant trauma to the eye. I was told what to look for in case of a new problem.

My floaters should disappear over time (could be several months or longer).

All in all, it was good news. No new surgeries are scheduled.

I have an appointment next week with a new doctor to get a second opinion.

One thing I want to avoid is having any surgery done on my right eye (which the first doctor has suggested).

I am looking forward to resuming normal activities (although, that is not allowed quite yet). I am allowed to read again! (that's a start).

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment