Saturday, June 20, 2009

Very Pleasant?

When I went to new Eye Doctor, I was able to read the referral from the first doctor.

I was pleased when I read that I was referred to as a 'very pleasant man'. I thought, oh, that was nice of her. Especially, since, I had acted a little upset when she told me the 'retinal detachment' news minutes after telling me 'everything was progessing normally'.

Anyway, as I was having my eyes checked by an assistant (before seeing the Eye Doctor), I mentioned to her (as she was writing notes), to make a note that I was a very pleasant patient.

She laughed and proceeded to tell me that ALL patient referrals have the identical language. I guess there is a standard form they all use.

I had a good laugh.

And here I thought I was special.

No comments:

Post a Comment