Sunday, June 7, 2009

Eye Surgery Update

After having a freezing procedure done on Thursday, I experienced problems (started to see many more 'dots') when I came home that evening. So, I returned to the eye clinic Friday afternoon. I had a complete exam and the Dr said that everything was healing normally. She was ready to send me home and I asked her about all the new 'dots'. She then said that maybe the 'tear' was not sealed as well as it should be and she said that I should have laser surgery to make the seal better.

So, I had the laser surgery (which was very unpleasant).

Seconds after the surgery was over, she said that I had a 'retinal detachment' (which is the most serious condition a person could have).

I don't understand how a person could go from a tear where 'everthing was healing normally' to a detached retina within 15 minutes.

So, I hope to get a 2nd opinion later this week.

So far, my vision has not become any worse. I still see the smaller spots in my left eye. I hope that the new Dr can make things better.

Overall, I believe that things will work out for the best. I feel God's presence through this trial and it has made me thankful for the many years of good health and blessings that I have enjoyed.

I know that there are many people less fortunate than myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment