Saturday, December 26, 2009

Lost Wallet

A funny thing happened today at the movies. My wife and I went to see the 3D movie Avatar. It was pretty good. I may write a movie review in a day or two.

It was chilly outside, so I wore a hooded sweatshirt that had the pockets where you can warm your hands.

After paying for the tickets, I placed my wallet back in the pockets of the sweatshirt. That was a mistake.

During the movie, some bratty kid kept kicking my seat. It wasn't a light tap. It was getting on my nerves. After the tenth time, I turned around and asked him (politely) to quit kicking. He was too engrossed by the movie to even hear me.

It was probably at the time of turning around that my wallet fell out of my sweatshirt. The wallet was jam packed with gift cards, credit cards, cash, and all that other stuff you gotta have.

I didn't realize that I had lost it until I had returned home.

As soon as I realized what had happened I called the theater and started to drive back to Muvico. The theater manager said that nobody had turned in anything and that the theater was filling up for the next show. I was starting to get worried. So, I prayed.

After arriving at the theater, my wife went in and proceeded to search where we were sitting. Fortunately, she was able to locate it (with the help of a flashlight). All the contents were intact.

Answered prayer!

Next time, the wallet goes into my pants pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment