Thursday, December 24, 2009

Giving Back (World Vision)

I believe that God has given each of us unique gifts that we are to use to bless others. One of the gifts that I have is the ability to create Crossword Puzzles.

I have used this gift to create hundreds of puzzles over the years. A few years ago, I found a website BestCrosswords that allowed me to upload my puzzles and share them with thousands of people who love to solve crosswords.

To my surprise, based on statistics, my puzzles have been downloaded millions of times. When I was the most active in submitting puzzles, I was probably the most viewed crossword constructor in the world (on a daily basis).

The website allows me to earn a few dollars a day (on average) by way of Google Ads. I have decided to use this monthly income to 'adopt' a child via World Vision.

World Vision is an international aid Christian humanitarian organization, World Vision works in nearly 100 countries around the globe, combating the root causes of poverty and responding quickly when disaster strikes.

They partner with communities to find lasting ways of improving the lives of children and their families while providing international disaster relief.

I encourage my readers to find that 'gift' that God has given you and to use it to serve others. It will bless you as much as you bless others.

No comments:

Post a Comment